Our first ever event to acknowledge world cancer day took place yesterday at The Comis Hotel. Among our attendees were representatives from Island based cancer charities and it was also a great pleasure to welcome Lady Lorimer, Patron of the Association. The theme of the event was a “positive spotlight on cancer” and our 5 Guest Speakers certainly left us all with a great deal of hope for the future!
- Partha Vaiude, Consultant Manx Care
- Malcolm Clague on behalf of Heather Christian, Cancer Patient & Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation Ambassador
- Elisabeth Gash, PhD Studentship Project Update
- Breast Cancer Now, Research Update
- Professor Christian Ottensmeier, Consultant Medical Oncologist at The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre and Professor of Immuno-Oncology at the University of Liverpool
Thank you to everyone who attended and supported this event.